Saturday, April 5, 2008

Once On This Island

I saw a musical the other night called Once On This Island, at the high school I work at. I went with Smitty, She was basically the only saving grace of the night. It was a weird musical. I think I would have liked it more if all of the many Black characters were played by black people, but as we're in Utah, all of the black characters were played by middle class white kids, and they didn't even try to make them seem black, which kinda bothered me and bummed me out. I wonder if they were worried about offending any black people that may attend. If I was black I'd be offended that they tried to play it off like the characters are all white. Oh well, what can you do. It still would have been weird with black people. I think it should be made into an animated film and sold in a box set with furn gully and the little mermaid 2.

No comments: