Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Aslan Is On The Move

The ice is melting. It's finally warming up. Cory Mon came over on Saturday, we went to Borders Books and looked around for a bit, he picked up a new book. I was close to picking up "The Great Divorce" by C.S. Lewis, but C-Mon informed me that he had a copy in his car that he would be happy to let me borrow. I've been told by several people that this is one of the best books they've ever read, I've been meaning to pick it up for a long time, and I'm really looking forward to reading it. When we got back we sat out on the back porch reading our books and periodically attempting to play with Kona the Dog, who would get excited like he wanted to get rowdy but then would wine like a little girl and retreat into the house if you would touch him. There was a breeze that was a little too cold for me but I still enjoyed it immensely.

Sunday was a perfect day. After church my roommates, Scotty & Jeff, BBQ'd in the back yard. I practiced my set for my upcoming show on the porch, when I was done scott started bumping some sublime. I miss Sublime, they were a big part of my formative years. Singing along to almost every word while drinking a YooHoo in the warm sunlight filled me with nostalgia, taking me back to my garage in the summer just after high school printing shirts in a lava lava(polonesian Wrap) with Jevey, Proctor, and Mookie, alternating between sublime, Bob Marley and the Long Beach Dub Allstars CD that a cop let us take from a rolled 4Runner we found abandoned, when we were offroading on the fire-trail.

I'm excited for the coming summer. I predict good times and great memories.

No comments: