Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Disco Duck

I was chilling with one of my best friends, Derek, and his wife Emily, and his parents, who are like a second family to me, on Sunday night. We laughed, we told stories, we web-cam-ed with D's sister Megan, and her little son Hank, while her husband Shane would show up in the background every odd moment trying to look like he was doing something extremely helpful and husbandly, like moving the keyboard a few inches away from the wall, etc. It was a great night. I love spending time with them. The highlight of my night with them however, was when a conversation about my Grandfather lead to talking about Rick James (B**ch) who died the same day as my grandpa, and who Derek momentarily confused with Rick Dees, popular radio DJ, which lead to a discussion about what made Rick Dees famous, and I was introduced, better late than never, to one of the most epic songs I've ever heard in my life... Disco Duck. If you haven't heard it, you are missing out my friend... Terribly!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Donnie-
Thanks for leaving out the bit where Shane swore and gut punched me because the web-cam was a piece of $%3#. It's okay though, we sang "Love at Home" and everything was kosher.
-Megan

Anonymous said...

WOW !! I want to move where i might have some friends, i miss the old days.

Dad Bonelli