Thursday, February 7, 2008

This One's Just Right

I have been on somewhat of a blogging hiatus. Hiatus deleted. Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed, or stressed, or what have you, I feel stifled creatively. I've been experiencing a bit of this recently. Living on my own isn't easy, but it is rewarding. In spite of my lack of creative milk, Jeff Stone and I poured ourselves a great big bowl of brain cereal the other day, in regards to the script we're working on. We had some major story concerns that had been stewing in both of us since early on in the creative process, however we kept going with them because we had not a noteworthy idea to replace them with, but this week, leaning against the cell phone stand at Best Buy, we had a breakthrough. Wish I could tell you more about it, you're just gonna have to wait until the DVD release so you can see it on the bonus disk.

Let me catch you up a bit on my current life. 'm working with a group of bright kids at one of the local high-schools. I love it. My job is to help students to get their associates degree by the time they finish High School, the completing of which will earn them a full ride scholarship to help them on their way to a bachelor's degree. It's kind of ironic seeing as how I'm basically an eternal student, and have not as of yet earned a degree for myself. But , whatever. I oft receive looks of suspicion from fellow staff members as I park my car in the employee lot. I've been asked numerous times if I have a hall pass, and students upon entering my class-room have at times looked confused when they didn't find an "adult." The funny thing is, I've had a hefty beard the entire time I've worked there. I graduated from high school nearly eight years ago. I fear it's only going to get worse, as I shaved off my beard yesterday.

Other than that, I've been preparing to make a few more short films, along with my pal Charles "CHUCK" as I've dubbed him. And trying to play music from time to time. I have a show on Valentine's Day at vwlour in Provo, which I'm quite stoked about. I'm playing with my friend and lov... I mean roommate Jeff Stone, as well as Becca Russell, and Colby Stead, who happens to be one of my musical heroes, as well as a gentleman and a scholar.

No comments: