Thursday, December 20, 2007

G-RANT & G-RAVE

OK so, I've been hesitant to do the whole blogging thing. I've been concerned that if I put a lot of myself into this blog, then I won't have anything left to put into my script writing, or my songs. After weighing my options, I've decided that if I'm a writer, then I should write, no matter where I am, or what I'm doing, I should take the time to document it. Therefore, my laptop is my new best chum.

That having been said, Big, was on TV this evening. I haven't seen it since I was a lad in incredible hulk trousers and ninja turtles shirts. Tom Hanks is my hero. I want to dance out Heart and Soul on a giant piano with the elderly.

I recently looked into financial aide for school, for the first time. I discovered that I missed the deadline to have my aide before the start of the semester. I've yet to find out if I'll have it in time to pay my tuition at all for the spring semester. My fingers are sewn in crossed formation.

I've been practically bed ridden for the past few days with some sort of virus. I left for about 2 hours yesterday to wish, a moving friend, well, on her way home to St. Louis. I'm glad I got to see her, but I think it was a poor choice, I feel like the plague.

I'm moving in a month. Back to Utah. That place has an odd hold over me. I have loads of unfinished business there, Including but not limited to; 1.) An unfinished screenplay I'm co-writing with my friend Jeff Stone, which will include a road trip to the mid-west, which is long overdue. 2.) My bachelor's degree in Film, for which I still need to earn about 100 units. ( You'd think I'd be done by now, I'm 25. But it took me a while to figure out what I want to do in life.) 3.) Filming with a crew. I miss that a ton. And 4.) Much playing of music, and hopefully the release of my first studio album.

I wish the Office hadn't been cut short by the writer's strike. Hopefully that'll all be sorted out soon. I miss them, they're like a second family of strangers.

I recently discovered The Manic Street Preachers. Give them a listen. They're delightful.

I'm tired of being solicited on myspace, I didn't meet you at a bar the other night, we didn't get sloshed together, you are just trying to promote your dirty website, and will be deleted shortly anyway. What's the point in us being electronic friends.

Ps. I'm not interested.

My friend who is a bull(cop) in South Gate(THE GHETTO) was telling me that they're in training for illegal download busts. He said that the raids will be similar in nature to drug busts, and that the penalties, are in fact much more severe than for drug offenses. I'm a little bit disturbed that people are being prosecuted more heavily and serving more severe sentences for the illegal downloading of music, than for the sale of drugs to minors. Really how about instead of worrying about a bunch of kids who download music because they can't afford the outrageous cost of CDs, we focus on ending genocide in Darfur, or put a stop to the abduction and brutal training of child soldiers in Uganda.? How about we bring home the troops from Iraq? If we're gonna have them fight what'a'ya say we have them fight for a cause that's worth while, such as the ones previously noted in the paragraph? Our government's priorities are all EFFED up.

Let's bring back the spirit of John Lennon, shall we?

5 comments:

-G said...

G-rant. That's me!

-G said...

Back to UT. Nice. One more note of unfinished business: Help Grant record!!! I pay good schrute bucks.

Donnie Bones said...

Yeah I think that's a fantastic idea my dear.

Unknown said...

You're coming back to UT? It'll be good to have you. I miss your vibe.

Donnie Bones said...

Thanks Dave, I'm excited to come back, and I'm hoping to resume our old star bucks talks. If this is in fact the David I'm thinking it is. I miss you're vibe, and your self, as well.