Saturday, December 22, 2007

Misconceptions and Projections, and the Frequent Use of the Word Subsequent

I and my constituency Journeyed to the land of Corona this evening to catch another showing of my new fav flick, Juno. The movie was just as pleasing the second time. I love seeing a picture for the second time. It's true a first viewing carries with it a magic that you can't ever get out of the same movie twice, but on a second or other subsequent viewings, there's a chance to study the directing, and the screenplay and other elements that make the film what it is. I've trained myself not to do so on a first viewing, because I want there to be a part of me that still sees a movie just to be entertained by it. But second viewing is fair game. I'm certain my chum Ryan was annoyed by my under-the-breathe commentary. Sorry Ry.

On the way to Corona, I was among my pals, Twavis ( The story of this nickname shall be told in a future blog,) and Jeff. Twavis is training in mixed marshal arts, and Jeff sells magical juice from the amazon that can allegedly cure aids. Anywho, Jeff's favorite new phrase is, "let's take this to the mat," it's supposed to be a joke because he's quite aware that Twavis could kick the collective, A-double-snakes of our entire conglomeration of friends and acquaintances, maybe not all at the same time, but who knows maybe. Anyway the phrase was said, and Twavis responded with, "The next time we take it to the mat, I'm throwin' blows on you." I, being among the sarcastic and gutter-minded boys, of the y2k generation, made a comment of an inappropriate nature, that involved Twavis and Jeff, in a compromising situation. Twavis tried to get crazy and this happened...




Following the film, on the subsequent ride home, this turned into a long and unprogressing (not a real word) debate on the nature of Twavis' sexual orientation, salt & peppered with giggles and hoots from Jeff in the back seat. It was funny, but methinks I lost my voice from the combination of my recent sickness and the 20 minute wave of yelling above the scratchy radio and rebuttles of Twavis defending his manhood. I love my pals.

Fun facts from tonight.

Ryan H. and his wifey Cindel, were out in the 9 from Long beach and joined us for the film, I love hanging out with them, they're so Indie. We discussed baby names for their unconcieved (also not a real word) children. They wore pea-coats which were fabulous. I was envious because the warmest item of clothing I currently have in my posess is a hoodie, I'm going to freeze my anatomy off in Utah.

Ryan S. and Leslie made a mad dash from Moval and made it to the theater in an unrealistic amount of time. Which means Ryan got to enjoy exhibiting the intended use of his rice-rocket. Leslie's hair looked remarkably nice in spite of it. I enjoy Leslie's smile. Upon the ending of the movie the couple left in a mad dash quite similar to the one in which they arrived.

Twavis is not a homosexual, and neither in fact, is Jeff, allegedly. Not that we'd judge them if they were. But they're not. So enjoy ladies.

2 comments:

Elissa L. said...

blogging at 2 am. sign of a hardcore blogger.

Donnie Bones said...

Haha, I know right. Hopefully it's not just because I'm new at it. I hope I can keep my zeal as time moves on.