Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sony Blue-Gay, I Mean, Blue Ray

Do you see what I did with the title? I imposed a slip of the tongue which implies that I am displeased with the product known as Sony Blue Ray. Sorry gay community but the word gay just fits so well in my vocabulary, I got no qualms with you, I just enjoy using the expression, "You're gay," in instances such as this.

So, Jevey and I made a visit to our buddy-ol-pal Big Sal over at the Moreno Valley Best Buy recently. There's an attractive young bird who works in the AV department, whom Jev has admired for years, but whom he has never had enough of a pair to talk to. To this day, he doesn't know her name. (side note: this e-blast is sort of hypocritical, as I never introduce myself to girls I find attractive, but it's the thousands and I can put whomever I want on blast. Especially electronically.) Anyway, we journeyed to the AV section of the store but found no nameless girl. What we did find was shocking disappointment, otherwise known as, Blue Ray High Definition. Have you seen it? I say unto you that have, my deepest sympathies. And to those who have not, I say, all the better, please do not insult your, God-given eyes with this irrefutable travesty on the human spirit. Sony Blue Ray's claim to fame is its unmatched clarity. I do not deny this claim's truth. It is in fact the clarity that I hate. The picture is so clear that it looks corny and quite frankly, to turn a politically incorrect phrase, GAY! Jevey's Comment was that it "makes everything look like, Ghost Writer." for those of you who are unfamiliar with GW, it was a PBS show where a group of child detectives, solve mysteries with the help of an unseen entity who writes clues and other messages out for them to follow. Needless to say, Jevey's comment was not a compliment. I think Sony is out to destroy the art of film and turn us all into PBS-watching, consumer drones. Everyone in unison, tell Blue Ray to go straight to Hell!

PS. If you're still sitting there thinking, " I thought, Ghost Writer, was a good show." Get in your car, drive down to the local video rental shack, pick up, Shine, or Memento, or heaven forbid, Casablanca, take it home and watch it. Repeat this process unti your film-taste-buds have properly adapted to excelence!

2 comments:

-G said...

i remember ghost writer. I think I know what you mean about the clarity. That's the same reason that I don't like salt water fish tanks as much as fresh water fish tanks. It just looks fake. eff Sony.

Anonymous said...

[...]resource[...]