Thursday, January 3, 2008

Linnens & Tables & Chairs Oh My!

The past few days have been insane in the proverbial membrane.

I moved to Utah on New Years Eve with no solid living arrangement, and no job. I'm still fairly stressed about all of this.

Today school started and I'm still trying to figure out my financial aid situation, and subsequently, I'm not as of yet enrolled in any classes,. I did however get some information today, which leads me to believe that that'll be worked out smoothly before the deadline.

I also found out that my credit rating isn't in nearly as bad of shape as I thought it was. Which means soon I'll be able to get approved on a few things to start building it back up. Thanks Shasta for setting me straight on the matter.

I still don't have a job, but it's only been 2 days and I've got some good prospects, including a job with benefits, so my fingers are crossed.

I really wish that a certain relative would stop calling me to make me feel like a child who can't take care of myself, and making me feel like s-h-eye-t. I'm doing the best I can to get everything worked out and in order. I'm a grown up, I can take care of myself. If you really want to help me than be supportive, what you're doing is only making things harder. I don't want you to stop calling me. I just don't want to be treated with disrespect.

I'm currently crashing at my pal Justin's house in Orem. Scott the tenant is a bundle of joy, I don't mean a baby(though he does have a baby face) I'm just saying he's hilarious. I recommended that his blogger name be Hop-Scot ch, he giggled/eye rolled and replaced the toilet-seat-sized headphones on his head, as if to say "yeah great idea a-hole." It's been fun reminiscing with he and Justin about the punk & ska bands and shows of our adolescence. I think Scott is the only one of us who has stayed completely true to the punk rock faith.

Upon arriving here a few nights ago, I stopped off at my friend Al's apartment to say howdy, and to peep-out his new studio, it's ultra sweet. And he's done some unbelievable work in it already. We then waited for his lady friend Kelsey to get off of work at Little Caesar's, at which point we made for Justin's where there was a gathering of homo sapiens which I had been lead to believe was none other than, a party. turns out it was actually a gathering, or ritual of sorts where young married couples eat snack food, play games, and then kiss each other in a g-rated way at the stroke of midnight, not unlike The Newlywed Game, or the movie swingers. I haven't actually seen swingers, but once again I'm harshly reminded of my singularity.

Saw Juno again, I know I'm a freak. I went with Scott, Jeff, Shasta, Justin, and Chain. It was yet again unbelievable. I also ran into Matt Olsen. I don't know if you know Matt but he pretty much defines awesome. He introduced me to the films of Wes Anderson and Christopher Guest(The six-fingered man) and his sister Randi has a golden voice. I'm glad we bumped into him because he let us know about his sister's wedding reception this weekend. And just 'cause he's cool. By the way everybody we saw the movie with loved it. I'm so surprised.

Jeff and I went on a job hunt/hot chocolate run yesterday(in order to take the advise of a friend) I had a coconut hot chocolate from Borders books, it was delicious. We also had an awesomely effective brainstorm about our screenplay. Good things will come.

I miss my family.

Tonight I'm going to a house show, and am thoroughly excited to hear the musical stylings of Jeff Stone and Cory Mon. But more thorough is my hope that a random attractive hippie-ish coed, who likes soft-figured men, will be in attendance. That would be the way to kick off 2008.

I ran in to Emily(who will from henceforth be dubbed Smitty) at UVSC today. She's so fun, and so cute. We're going to see a movie and eat sushi next week some time. Provided my financial situation is on track at that point. If not I suppose we'll postpone it for a later date. It was a cool coincidence though.

Justin's wife Nichole (Chain) made some bomb chili tonight, on which we all grubbed. I love her for it. I was starting to thin out.

Alright then Beaches and hose, I'm off to see the wizard. Eat your vegetarians.

6 comments:

Elissa L. said...

untik this week I have never heard of Orem, Utah. Now I have heard it twice. First was when I checked the bank account and found out someone stole Joey's credit card number and made a giant purchase at Toys R Us in Orem and the other was today in your blog. So if you see any shady people who are trying to pass off as Joey kick their ass.

Donnie Bones said...

Dude that sucks. I imagine if they spent the money at Toys R Us though they probably don't look all that shady. Instead I'll keep an eye out for any people with too much fun stuff, like a stockpile of G.I. Joe action figures, or an entire house covered in Light-Bright pegs.

Snubbs the White Rabbit said...

Dude, the toilet sized head phones are awesome! Don't hate. I want to know what you mean by true to punk rock though, haha. I'll take it as a compliment though. By the way, I don't care what anyone else says, Superbad is super awesome and i love it. I also love you....

Donnie Bones said...

You're right it is awesome. I'm not saying it's not, or that I didn't love it. I'm just saying I feel a little guilty for loving it. Yes the headphones are awesome, and yes I meant the true to punk rock comment as a compliment. "you're golden man!"

Snubbs the White Rabbit said...

Dude, is that a Dodgers I peep in the picture of you with the hose? If it is, way to represent.

Donnie Bones said...

Why it certainly is. I was raised a Dodgers fan, although my Dad seems to be more into the Angels these days. The truth is, though I enjoy watching sports, I'm not at all in the loop about stats or players, I basically pick the teams I've grown up on and root for them when they play, Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, UCLA etc. If they're not playing I root for the better team. I love watching underdogs get annihilated. Then I do a lively jig when it's all said and done.