Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oval-Teens

Al deans, Jeff Stone, Kelsey Everson and myself, played a show this evening over at Velour in Provo. Thanks, props, and cookies, to those in attendance. We did it, singer in the round style, where we took turns, one song each at a time. It was special. I think there's something to be said for that style of a show, but to be honest I think it can put a lot of stress on an audience, and on the artists. I was getting pretty tired towards the end of the show. I do like though that there are any number of artists on the stage at any given time adding salt and pepper to each other's songs. It was an awesome line-up of really solid song-writers. Hopefully they didn't get too sick of my self proclaimed witty stage banter. I'm pretty stoked at the reception I've had thus far musically here in Provo. The last time I lived here I felt like I had a few fans and a lot of friends who would just come to here me play because they didn't want it to be awkward the next time they saw me. Actually I only had like two or three friends show up tonight, there were about thirty people in all, so I was kinda bummed about that. That's the price you pay sometimes for playing in the middle of the week. However I think I gained a few new fans, and hopefully a few new friends as well. I'm stoked because every time I've made what feels like the right choice in my life, at some point everything that I need to make it legit seems to fall into place. This seems to be the case now. People are diggin' my music, I've had some really heart-felt, and deeply appreciated comments from people since I got here, including one from the guy who owns the venue I used to work at, and he doesn't shell out compliments, so it feels pretty cool. Also I sat in on my new screen writing class last night, it was unbelievable, I seriously learned so much, just in one class, I can't even imagine how far this is going to take my writing. I also have people to film with, and we have the assets to make great short films that look as good as they feel. Oh and the icing on the cake, I found a job. I'm a substitute teacher at one of the local schools. I'm still trying to decide if I'm gonna go by Donnie, or Mr. Bonelli, or just, Mr. B. any suggestions? Anyway, I need to repose, I have to get up at the cock's crow, so goodnight, and be sure to drink your ovaltine.

Oh yeah and be sure to check out my film "Killing Seth" at reelconnect.com it's under the comedy section. There are some other decent films up there, and I'll have some more awesome ones to put up soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donnie, you are seriously amazing! I was so excited when you said you were playing here tonight! I'm glad you're back! And I can't wait to hear you play again! You are so freaking talented! You rock :)

Donnie Bones said...

Gee thanks Becca, I'm really stoked to be back in town. Let's get hot chocolates soon. Maybe I can bring Charles along too. It'll be great.